The cannabis sector donated extra than $305,000 to U.S. congressional members in the very first half of 2019, exceeding final year’s total of about $248,500 by extra than 20%.
SAM mentioned in a weblog that its database now involves donations from lobbying firms that operate for the marijuana sector.
The prime recipients for these donations in the very first half of 2019:
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Oregon Democrat: $103,500
- Rep. Kathleen Rice, New York Democrat: $76,800
- Sen. Rand Paul, Republican from Kentucky: $50,300
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, Democrat from Nevada: $32,600
- Rep. Dave Joyce, Ohio Republican: $29,700
Though greater than final year, the donations to person lawmakers pale in comparison to what the cannabis sector is spending on lobbying on Capitol Hill.
Major marijuana sector associations and providers spent roughly $two million in the very first half of this year to fight for reform in Washington DC. That involves meeting with lawmakers from each sides of the aisle.
And in Florida, Curaleaf and Surterra have contributed a total of $1.1 million to push for recreational marijuana legalization in the state.
For extra on this scenario, click right here.